Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Slow Cooker Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup | RECIPE OF THE MONTH



 

 This is a great recipe for busy working mums but of course for anybody. I literally just stuck all the ingredients in the slow cooker and set it to low all day. Once I got home I liquidized everything together and I had my soup. It’s as easy as that.
I think the hardest part was trying to cut up the butternut squash which in the end I made Darren do. If anybody has any advice on an easy way of cutting one of this please comment below and let me know. You could always buy some that’s already been cut up in the shop to make things easier.

1 Butternut squash
1 Large red pepper
2 Small onions
1 Potato
Smoked paprika 3 tsps
3 Cloves of garlic
1.5 Pint of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season

I actually got everything chopped and ready to go the night before. The next morning I just added the stock to the pot and put it on ready to go.
This is a healthy recipe which is slimming world friendly.

Any left overs can go in the fridge ready for the next day.

I served mine up with fresh seeded bread and butter. Yummy.

Darren scored this 8/10. I liked it but it was a bit spicy so I would prob put less paprika in next time.

Let me know if you try this recipe and if you enjoyed it. Anybody who has any other slow cooker recipes they would like to share please link below. I am always looking for new ideas.

 

Thanks for reading
Bexmorts

xx